What to Expect From Germany’s New Online Casino Gambling Regulations
Online Casino Gambling: German citizens are well-known for their love of gambling, however, the country has long been home to strict and prohibitive regulations surrounding online iGaming operators and casino games. Last year, the signing of the much-anticipated 2021 Interstate Treaty on Gambling changed the national gambling landscape for the better – but what changes can we expect to see due to the new legislation, and what do they mean for German gamblers?
What is the 2021 Interstate Treaty on Gambling?
In simple terms, the new 2021 Interstate Treaty on Gambling is a landmark piece of legislation that has already had a transformative effect on the German gambling market. Whereas gambling restrictions and regulations in the country were previously prohibitive and governed at both state and federal levels, the new treaty has enabled online casinos and iGaming operators to expand their legal gaming portfolios at a federal level. Due to the new legislation, players across Germany can now enjoy legal and regulated access to both poker and slot machines via online gaming platforms; just like before the signing of the treaty, regulated sportsbook betting remains legal in the country. The main features of the 2021 Interstate Treaty on Gambling include:
- Regulated Responsible Gaming: In order to honor the new regulations, German online casinos and iGaming operators will have to make use of mandatory self-exclusion systems to curb irresponsible and problematic gambling amongst their users.
- Strictly Controlled Gameplay: While operators now have more freedom in terms of the type of casino games they can accommodate, there are stricter controls on fundamental gameplay elements including seating/table placement, auto-play features, live betting and specific stake/betting limits.
- Operator Scrutiny: Online casinos and gaming operators in Germany must now adhere to a range of regulations with more scrutiny at a federal level. Examples of these include – having a registered office in the European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA), never advertising gambling or gambling-related services between the hours of 6 am and 9 pm; procuring a valid license for operation before offering any services to German players.
What Will be the Likely Effects on the German Gambling Market?
As one of the Central European nations most affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, the new German treaty looks set to help stabilize the economy and foster continued growth in the gambling sector. Because gamers are now able to enjoy a wider range of popular casino games (both slots and poker are amongst the most popular casino offering worldwide) with regulated and reputable providers, it will now be easier than ever for customers to find the best German online casinos which are highly rated by German players. Let’s take a look at some more expected effects:
- More Globally Competitive: While the most famous gambling destinations in the world include Atlantic City, Monte Carlo and Las Vegas, the signing of the treaty has made the German gambling market more competitive on the international stage.
- Continued Growth: The German gambling industry generated an impressive €2.8 billion in 2021, staggering growth considering the ill effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. It is highly likely that the signing of the 2021 Interstate Treaty will foster continued growth in both the gambling sector and the overall economy, as offshore operators move in and more German players enjoy casino games at a domestic level.
- More Secure Real Money Transactions: One of the main benefits of the treaty is that German players will now be able to make real money transactions and deposit hard-earned cash with more safety and security. This is because of the added scrutiny and thorough regulation afforded to online casinos and the payment methods they choose to allow.
5 Tried-and-Tested Tips to Maintain your Inverter
For any inverter, the battery is its backbone, a critical component that decides its reliability, durability, and efficiency. Therefore, routine…
What are the three types of airport planning – and that suits you?
Introduction: What is airport planning? Airport planning is such a complex process that analyzing an activity does not provide any…