How to Upgrade to Windows 10? – Applications in Windows 10 and More
Upgrade to Windows 10
One of Microsoft’s most striking strategies to promote an upgrade to Windows 10 was to offer the possibility of getting the operating system for free to all users who had original Windows 7 or 8.
This promotion officially ended on July 30, 2016, but today you can still get Windows 10 for free in a perfectly legal way.
Therefore, we will tell you precisely how to upgrade to Windows 10 for free if you have not done it yet.
We will start by talking about the price and the types of licenses, and then we will teach you two methods to update for free, whether you already have an original Windows 7 or 8 license on your computer or if you do not have one.
How much is the original Windows license worth?
There are two types of licenses to activate Windows 10. On the one hand, you have retail permission (or RTL), which you buy in physical establishments or directly in Microsoft.
With these RTL licenses, you can install Windows on more than one computer, as long as you do not try to use your license key on more than one computer simultaneously.
When doing a clean install, keep only files or also applications in Windows 10?
- You can buy RTL licenses for the Home version of Windows 10 on this page of the Microsoft Store for a price of 135 euros.
- Suppose you prefer the PRO version, which incorporates, for example, business functions for encryption, remote log-in, or the creation of virtual machines.
- In that case, you can buy them on this other page of Microsoft Store for 279 euros.
- On the other hand, you also have OEM licenses by buying a new computer.
- These licenses are the ones that come pre-installed on the new computers, and their main difference is that they are connecting to a single computer so that you will not be able to use them on any other computer. The price of this license includes that of the equipment you buy.
How to get Windows 10 for free?
The point is that although Microsoft should have stopped them a year ago, the activation servers that convert licenses from Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 are still active, and it does not seem that this will change anytime soon.
- To benefit from this, go to the Windows 10 download page, and click on the Download the tool now button.
- However, you will download the MediaCreationTool.exe file, which you must run on your Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 computer that you plan to apprise.
- After compliant the license, the application will ask you what you want to do. Select the option Update this computer now and click on Next.
- Doing so will cause the application to download Windows 10. The process may take a few minutes.
- When it is over, the application will guide you through different windows, asking you further questions about the apprise, such as the type of Windows 10 you want or what files on your computer you want to keep.
- When you have everything ready, you will arrive at the window that tells you that you already have to install, and you will only have to click Connect to start the apprise procedure.
- Your new Windows 10 will be pre-activated with a license that is only valid for your computer when you do. Recall that for this to work, your Windows 7 or 8.1 must have an original appointment.
Windows 10 free with the Insider program
If you have an official Windows 7 or 8, there is still another possibility of Windows 10 for free. It is the Microsoft Insider program, with which you can download free beta versions of Windows 10.
Of course, they are not final versions that may have errors, so they are more recommended for somewhat advanced users.
And also, to sign up for the Insider program, go to the official website and click on Start to start the process.
- what it is, what it is for, and how to sign up. You have to keep in mind that they are versions that you can only use when you already have Windows 10 installed.
- Therefore, it is best to install it with the tool, as we have said before. If you install Windows 10 and it is not activated, do not worry because you will not need to have it started to use the Insider versions.
- Once this previous step has been taking, now go to your Windows 10 and access the Windows Settings menu.
- And also, once you are in it, find and click on the Update and security option because you can manage everything.
- Once inside this menu, choose the Windows Insider Program option (1) to enter to configure your participation in the left column.
- You will see the description of the Insider Preview builds, and just below, you have to click on the Start button (2), with which you will indicate that you want to start being part of the beta testers.
- A window will open in which you will first have to associate the Microsoft account that you have chosen before registering for the Insider program.
- Then you will have to select one of the three branches of updates: Early, Deferred, or Release Preview. They go from the least to the most stable, so if you want to have a free Windows 10 with as few errors as possible, choose the Release Preview and click Continue.
What is Windows God Mode, and what can you do with it?
You will begin to install the trial version. Once you have it, you can use Windows 10 without worrying about needing to buy a license.
You will have reached an agreement with Microsoft: you swallow the odd bug to help finish setting up each Update, and they will let you use it for free.
Exciting Tech Innovations in the Automobile Industry
We’ve come a long way from horse-drawn carriages and manual cars, to the age of smart automobile. It’s an exciting…
How To Keep Your Earbuds From Falling Out Of Your Ears?
“My earbuds just won’t stay inside my ears!” “I hate it when I have to keep one hand on my…