How to Screenshot on Windows? – Take Screenshots with Cropping and Sketch.
How to Screenshot on Windows
How to Screenshot on Windows Today, we will display how to use the new Snip & Sketch feature.
The new screenshot tool was adding in Windows 10 after the October 2018 Update. This application adds to the operating system the possibility of taking more advanced screen captures, making rectangular or manual clips, or cutouts at the point you want on the net.
We will roughly you step by step how to launch this tool’s captures and what type of captures you can take with them.
Later we will tell you how to remap it to use the Print Screen key on the keyboard to launch these advanced captures instead of saving a conventional capture.
Remember that these captures will go to the clipboard and not to the captures folder, although you can open them in a specific application.
Take Screenshots with Cropping and Sketch
- To launch the new Windows screenshot tool, you must press the Windows + Shift + S keys simultaneously.
- This combination will launch the new Snip & Sketch tool added to Windows 10 after the Windows 10 October 2018 Update.
- When you press this key combination, the screenshot options will appear at the top of the screen.
- You only have to click on one of the votes, two of which are clippings, and mark the areas you want to capture. These are the three options you have available:
Rectangular clip: When you mark the cutout with the mouse on the screen, it will be doing straight lines and right angles to give it a checkered appearance.
Free-form clip: You can draw with the mouse a cutout with the shape you want.
Fullscreen clip: A conventional screenshot is taken.
- In this double capture, you can see the differences when making rectangular and free-form clips.
- It is important to note that these captures save the clipboard, but they do not automatically save to an image file. For the latter, you will still have to use the combination Windows + Print Screen.
- Once you take the clip or capture, a notification will appear warning you of it in the lower right part of the screen.
- Click on the information to open the Trim and sketch capture, designing to give Microsoft to complete the finishing touches.
- Once you open the Cut and Sketch application, you can write and draw on the screenshot to make annotations or indicate something significant within the capture.
- The tool also has the New option that reopens the opportunity to take a screenshot. And there is also an option to open to edit any other with the device.
How to remap Print Screen to use this function?
Windows also allow you to assign the Print Screen key to this new snipping and capturing tool, although the option to do so is pretty much burying in the system settings.
- To start, open Windows Settings, and once there, click on the Accessibility option.
- When you are in accessibility, click on the Keyboard option in the left column *** (1) to access various keyboard options.
- Now go down to the Shortcut section to print screen, and ** activate the option. Use the Print Screen button to open the screen clipping (2). And that’s it.
- When you press this key, open cropping options at the top of the screen as if you had pressed Windows + Shift + S.
When to Upgrade from VPS to a Dedicated Server
Upgrading from a virtual private server (VPS) to a dedicated server is a big decision for any business. It means…
Good Reasons Why To Reinstall MacOS On A Macbook Or Imac – Know In Details
Are you thinking of reinstalling macOS? If yes then before doing it, you should be clear with the motive of…