Nintendo Switch SD Card – MicroSD, MicroSDHC, and More
Nintendo Switch SD Card
One of the weak points of the Nintendo Switch sd card is its storage space. And it is that the versatile Nintendo.
Console comes with 32 GB of storage, of which we can only take advantage of approximately 25 GB. Although using games in the physical format, we save having to install them in the system.
The updates, saved games, and the fun of the eShop will reduce that space drastically. The solution is to buy a Nintendo Switch SD card.
MicroSD, microSDHC, or microSDXC cards?
As we see in the Switch technical specifications, this console is compatible with microSD, microSDHC, and microSDXC memory cards. What is the difference? The storage limit.
|YEAR||SD SPECIFICATION||CAPACITY||BUS PERFORMANCE|
|1999||1.0||1 MB – 4 GB||12.5-25 MB / s|
|2006||2.0||2 – 32 GB||12.5-104 MB / s|
|2009||3.01 and 4.0 (UHS-I and UHS-II)||32GB – 2TB||156-312 MB / s|
- We will discard the microSD to dry for spatial reasons since it only reaches 4 GB. The decision will be between an SDHC ( Secure Digital High Capacity ) or an SDXC ( Secure Digital Extended Capacity ) card.
- The SDHC limit is 32 GB, which may be enough for lighter users to adjust the budget. But bearing in mind that the idea is to invest in a card to “forget” about running out of space.
- And the difference in cost between the models is minimal, microSDXC cards are the most recommended option.
- With a microSDXC card, we will have the possibility to save games and games and make most eShop.
How much space do I need?
- Many Nintendo’s releases range between 5 and 20 GB, although there are quite notable exceptions, such as NBA 2K19, the most massive game for Switch with more than 30 GB. In this sense, and with 32 GB as a starting point, it will depend on the user we are and our preferences.
- If we tend to buy AAA in physical format and only occasionally use the eShop and virtual titles, in the 64 GB, we find the right balance between functionality and cost.
- If you visit and install eShop titles regularly and occasionally download AAA games digitally, a 128GB might be a good option.
The class marks the speed of the card
Aside from storage, another critical factor when choosing a microSD is its speed. Thanks to the Class or Speed Class, we know this information, a classification developed by the SD Association.
This figure informs us of the minimum writing speed (in MB / s) that the card guarantees.
Under you can see a table with the classes that we find in the market:
|CLASS 2||2 MB / s|
|CLASS 4||4 MB / s|
|CLASS 6||6 MB / s|
|CLASS 8||8 MB / s|
|CLASS 10||10 MB / s|
- Regarding speed, it is essential to make two notes: although it is common to find numerical rates provided by the manufacturer on the packaging, we must look for and stick to the class, which is rounding.
- Likewise, some manufacturers also report the maximum reading and writing speed, temporary peaks that the card reaches, but should not be taken into account to evaluate a card’s performance since it will not be its usual behavior.
Which MicroSD card to buy for the Nintendo Switch?
To summarize, the starting point is a Class 10 UHS-I Class 1 microSDXC card and at least 32GB capacity.
|CAPACITY||32 GB||CLASS||10 UHS-I U1|
|READING SPEED (PEAK)||Up to 95MB / s||PRICE||7.99 euros|
Kingston Canvas Select Plus
|CAPACITY||64 GB||CLASS||Class 10 UHS-1 U1|
|READING SPEED (PEAK)||100 MB / s||PRICE||8.99 euros|
|CAPACITY||64 GB||CLASS||Class 10 UHS-1 U3, A1|
|READING SPEED (PEAK)||Up to 90MB / s||PRICE||10.99 euros|
|CAPACITY||128 GB||CLASS||Class 10 UHS-1 U1|
|READING SPEED (PEAK)||Up to 100MB / s||PRICE||18.99 euros|
- READ MORE:- techhdevelope
5 Reasons Firearms Businesses are Doing Well During a Pandemic
Firearms Businesses: Ever since the coronavirus pandemic began, a large number of businesses have been struggling to survive and thousands…
Benefits of Advanced Engineering Degrees and What to Consider Before Enroling
Engineering Degrees: Engineering is certainly a lucrative career option to consider, with various different disciplines to choose from, countless job…