Homemade CBD Dog: If CBD-based products are already included in your dog’s routine, then you know these products are great for your pet’s general wellbeing. There are numerous CBD-based products to choose from; oil to treats, and so on.
Did you know you can not only buy CBD-based dog treats but you can also make it by yourself at home? You do not even need to have proficient kitchen skills to achieve this, as even someone with basic kitchen skills can pull this off.
Therefore, in this article, we will be discussing some homemade CBD dog treat recipes that will leave your furry best friend wagging its tail and asking for more.
Let us start with some tips that will help you along the way.
Things You Need to Know Before You Start Making the Dog Treats
We know you are excited to don your apron; but before you do, you have to know the following:
1. The CBD Oil to Use
You may be tempted to use your CBD oil for this project but we advise against this. You have to use a product that is specifically meant for dogs. Also, ensure that the product was made from industrial hemp. It must also have passed through the 3rd party test; this way, you will be sure of its effectiveness and safety.
2. Quantity of CBD Oil
Ensure that you check the serving amounts suggested on the product’s packaging. If the product does not have this, you can calculate the right quantity per serving with your pet’s weight. Then, calculate the recipe’s specified quantity and use the product’s suggested amount to determine the right amount that is needed.
Since you will be using CBD oil for this recipe, ensure the temperature is below or at 350℉. This will preserve the cannabidiol potency.
Also, CBD oil is sensitive to light and heat, therefore, ensure you always store the leftover baked products in airtight containers that should be kept in a cool atmosphere. Alternatively, you can store them in your refrigerator.
CBD Dog Treats Recipes
Since you now know the important things about baking with CBD, let us discuss the recipes.
Coconut and Blueberry Recipe – (Frozen)
Blueberries contain minerals, antioxidants, and vitamins. You canread this to learn more about the health benefits and nutritional facts of blueberries. Coconut oil is wonderful for your pet’s coats and skin, lessens allergic reactions, and aids digestion.
- Frozen blueberries
- CBD oil
- ½ cup of solid coconut oil
- Use a silicone mold (be creative, try fun shapes!) then put a frozen blueberry in each opening.
- Keep the mold aside.
- Put your solid coconut oil in a saucepan, and then heat it until it becomes liquid.
- Allow your coconut oil to cool down for some minutes. Afterward, pour it on the frozen blueberries.
- Add just one drop of CBD oil to each treat.
- Put your mold in the freezer and leave it until it gets solid.
- Once the treats are frozen, remove the mold from the freezer and remove the treats from the mold.
Coconut and Sweet Potato Recipe (Baked)
The sweet potatoes used in this recipe will add fiber, vitamins, and other important ingredients. As already mentioned, coconut oil offers your dog a healthier coat and skin, lessens allergic reactions, and improves digestion.
- 1-2 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon of CBD oil
- 1 egg
- ½ cup of coconut oil
- ½ cup of coconut flour
- 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes (cook them and allow them to cool)
- Preheat your oven to below or at 350℉
- Mash the potatoes (remember they were precooked and left to cool).
- After mashing the potatoes, put the remaining ingredients in it and mix until all the ingredients are well combined.
- If you want the consistency to be doughier, add a little more coconut flour.
- Shape the mixture into small balls, then flatten them with either your hand or a spoon.
- Place the balls on your baking sheet. Ensure you space them evenly.
- Bake for about 18 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the treats, allow them to cool down before you serve, or store them in your fridge or any airtight container.
Turmeric and Pumpkin Recipe (No-Bake)
Pumpkins have several essential minerals and vitamins like vitamin C, vitamin A, iron, and potassium. It also aids digestion. Visit here https://www.webmd.com/diet/health-benefits-pumpkin#2to learn more about the minerals and vitamins found in pumpkin. Turmeric will add anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidant kick to the treat. It will also help boost your pet’s immune.
- Black pepper (a crack)
- I tablespoon of CBD oil
- 3 tablespoons of turmeric
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 2 cups of pumpkin puree (should not be pie filling)
- Pour all the ingredients except the rolled oats intoa wide bowl then mix properly.
- Add your rolled oats in the mix; add enough until you get a cookie dough consistency.
- Use a melon or cookie scooper to roll the dough into tiny balls.
- Place the balls on a cookie sheet. Make sure you space them evenly.
- Put it in your refrigerator and wait until it gets hard. This should take about fifteen minutes or less.
- Remove and store it in an airtight container and place it in the refrigerator.
Making homemade CBD dog treats is not difficult. We believe we have proven this with the recipes discussed in this article.
How to Prevent Employee Burnout In Remote Work Before It’s Too Late?
Employee Burnout In Remote Work: Burnout happens to even the best of us. Yesterday you were delighted with the benefits…
Key Differences between Scales and Balances
Scales and balances are used for the same function – to weigh objects. But if these weighing devices perform a…